Neglecting a school on the PTCAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailing09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On your PTCAS app, did anyone forget to or decide not to put a school where they took a class? If so, what happened?

Members don't see this ad.

After you submit everything, PTCAS will go through a verification process (that takes time, ugh). If they find out that you omitted anything, they will ask you to make corrections/submit again.

For me, I forgot to mention one class I took at a JC during my time as an undergraduate (complicated, don't ask). I resubmitted like they asked and luckily this set back didn't start the verification process all over again; they were done a week later.

In other words, if you leave off a school/class just because you don't like the grade or whatnot, you most likely won't get away with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
On your PTCAS app, did anyone forget to or decide not to put a school where they took a class? If so, what happened?

Like Janus8088 said.

But if the school you're applying to has their own application form, make sure you do add ALL the schools you took classes and received a grad form, or they can reject your whole application. Some are harda*&es like that.

Theoretically, I think you can get away with it...under certain circumstances.

Let's say you took Chem I at ABC College, and didn't do well (F, D, whatever). Then you retook it at XYZ College and passed with a B.

I would think you could technically leave ABC off your application, but ONLY if you never took any other classes at ABC (or at least any classes you need for PT prereqs). If you took biology at ABC too, and got a good grade, then you can't selectively leave off chemistry because it will show up on your transcript. But if chem was your only class at ABC, I guess you could leave it off...it's not like PTCAS is going to run your name/SSN through a database and have every school you've ever attended pop up...the verification process doesn't work that way. But, if you've taken another class at ABC, when they verify it with the school they'll find out you omitted a class.

Does that make sense? I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have to...instead, if you did poorly in a class at a school, and retook it and did well, mention that in the "does your academic transcript accurately reflect your abilities?" section of the application (only if you have a legit reason why you didn't do well, ie death in the family, illness, or you were taking it at the community college at night while still in high school, etc.).

...maybe if you give us a little more detail as to your situation/why you want to leave something off, that would help us give you suggestions as to how to handle it.

Theoretically, I think you can get away with it...under certain circumstances.

Let's say you took Chem I at ABC College, and didn't do well (F, D, whatever). Then you retook it at XYZ College and passed with a B.

I would think you could technically leave ABC off your application, but ONLY if you never took any other classes at ABC (or at least any classes you need for PT prereqs). If you took biology at ABC too, and got a good grade, then you can't selectively leave off chemistry because it will show up on your transcript. But if chem was your only class at ABC, I guess you could leave it off...it's not like PTCAS is going to run your name/SSN through a database and have every school you've ever attended pop up...the verification process doesn't work that way. But, if you've taken another class at ABC, when they verify it with the school they'll find out you omitted a class.

Does that make sense? I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have to...instead, if you did poorly in a class at a school, and retook it and did well, mention that in the "does your academic transcript accurately reflect your abilities?" section of the application (only if you have a legit reason why you didn't do well, ie death in the family, illness, or you were taking it at the community college at night while still in high school, etc.).

...maybe if you give us a little more detail as to your situation/why you want to leave something off, that would help us give you suggestions as to how to handle it.

Thanks, Dancer! This is exactly what I was going to say!