Need your advice/suggestons.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bblhoping

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was browsing for answers to my questions and found you guys and figured you would be experts to answer them. I am a non traditional applicant. I originally applied back when I graduated from undergrad in 2003. I took the MCAT 2x didn't study and got 21, I don't remember the letter. I got an interview at NYCOM but didn't really want to go there so I didn't go. I graduated in 2003 with degrees in biology and sociology so I have all my prereq. I feel I am finally mature this time around and am ready to take the MCAT again. My undergrad GPA was 2.99, not sure what the sci gpa was. I graduated with my MPH in 2007 and gpa was 3.69 which I did while working full time and had a baby. After this I feel as though I am finally mature enough to try again. 1st question, I believe I need to bring up my undergrad GPA but how do I do that? Do I take one or two classes and do they need to be in a certain field? Since I graduated so long ago from undergrad how do I go about getting my recommendation from a natural science professor? I had two write me letters of rec back then including the premed advisor but I don't know if they will even remember me now? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks. I also posted this on pre osteopathic board.

Members don't see this ad.