Position Wanted need ur help in choosing my residency destination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.to be

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone,
I'm a medical student finished my 3rd year in UOS ( university of Sharjah) in UAE. actually I'm lost and confused, I don't know where to do my residency, I'm considering psychiatry or endocrinology as a specialty but I have no idea where to specialize and which country provides the best opportunity for me. US was an option to think of but I'm syrian and many people are talking about the difficulties in accepting Arabs in the US and the limited specialties available for them, is that true?
please help me by giving me some options, some guidelines depending on ur own experience or knowledge from what you have read or heard.
thank u

Members don't see this ad.

I know many Arabs (even some from Syria) that have matched into many different specialities in the US. First, you need to take the USMLE Step 1 & 2 (both CK and CS). Having the Step 3 will also help. It won't be easy but not impossible. It will also help to do some observerships so you can have some exposure to the US health system.