need to take 1-2 schools off! please help with list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, im applying with a 3.3 GPA and a strong upward trend of a 3.8 the last 2 years. I got a 18AA, and a 15QR (lowest score) everything else was 19/20. Im retaking my DAT in early September, but I'm submitting now. Everything else on my application is realllyyyyy strong. Really strong LORs, PS, and extracurriculars/shadowing/volunteering.

My list currently is: (Ohio resident)

Western University
Marquette
UNLV
WVU ( i attended for one semester)
Roseman
LECOM
Indiana
UDM
Tufts
Midwestern Illionos
NYU
VCU
Boston
UNE
Case Western
Touro
A.T.Still in Arizona.

What schools should i take off, any i should add? thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take off NYU because 600k is stupid expensive, take off VCU because OOS that’s a bit of a reach

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This. But you have other schools that’ll also run you a small fortune, like Roseman and ASDOH. And let me get this straight, you’re an Ohio resident and you don’t have Ohio State on your list?!

Big Hoss
Sorry.. i accidentally forgot to add it but it is!

Take off NYU because 600k is stupid expensive, take off VCU because OOS that’s a bit of a reach
Also BU and tufts are also around the same price as NYU .

BU offers scholarships, though. I'd keep BU on there. Does Tufts do scholarships?

Perhaps that was a vague post. Let me elaborate, take off every school that would run you 500k.

Reactions: 1 users
Add Louisville.
Take off Tufts.

Tufts does offer scholarships. BU and tufts both offered me one. BU will let you keep yours as long as you don’t fail. Tufts on the other hand told me I have to rank top 20 in the class every year (out of 200+ classmates) to keep the scholarship