need the 411 about NBDE Part I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilemaker321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on attending the NBDE part I or at least I'm thinking about it.
But I have absolutely no idea where to start.
Which material are considered most useful for getting a good score on Part I?
How do I apply? When are the exams usually held? When should I apply? As in what's the last date?
Does anyone know how to apply for the internet-based TOEFL exam? When are these exams usually held?
I would be very grateful if you could answer my queries.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on attending the NBDE part I or at least I'm thinking about it.
But I have absolutely no idea where to start.
How do I apply? When are the exams usually held? When should I apply? As in what's the last date?
Does anyone know how to apply for the internet-based TOEFL exam? When are these exams usually held?
I would be very grateful if you could answer my queries.
Thanks
Slow down:)
Step by step, you need before everything you evaluation done, go on www.ece.com (choose course by course)
Start with dental decks as a main source for studying NBDE I ( you can buy it on Amazon)
Create your Dentpin... you can choose the date when you going to have exam...

Reactions: 1 users
First Aid and dental decks are basic material for part 1.
You can register for the exam any time you want to, apply after you have set a prepration schedule , usually 2-3 months minimum prepration is required but It all varies from person to person. There is no last date for applying , you get to choose a date available at the particular centre each month.
Go to ETS site and create your account , than you can register for TOEFL ibt .
Same as NBDE , test dates are available for each month just select the one you want.

Now also some more things to keep in mind. Foremost, as said above you need an ECE course by course evaluation done in order to take the NBDE. Go to ECE website, register and get your credentials evaluated. Then create a DENTPIN to register for the test. And take TOEFL after passing NBDE .
Refer to website of ADA and JCNDE for more details of the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First Aid and dental decks are basic maeditioor part 1.

You can register the esearched on time you want to, apply after you have set a prepration schedule , usually 2-3 months minimum prepration is required but It all varies from person to person. There is no last date for applying , you get to choose a date available at the particular centre each month.

Same as NBDE , test dates are available for each month just select the one you want.

Now also some more things to keep in mind. Foremost, as said above you need an ECE course by course evaluation done in order to take the NBDE. Go to ECE website, register and get your credentials evaluated. Then create a DENTPIN to register for the test. And take TOEFL after passing NBDE .

You can register for the exam any time you want to, apply after you have set a prepration schedule , usually 2-3 months minimum prepration is required but It all varies from person to person. There is no last date for applying , you get to choose a date available at the particular centre each month.

Step by step, you need before everything you evaluation done, go on www.ece.com (choose course by course)
Start with dental decks as a main source for studying NBDE I ( you can buy it on Amazon)

st, post: 1if I 264821, member: 808417"]Slow down:)
Create your Dentpin... you can choose the date when you going to have exam...[/QUOTE]
Thanks Mrs.Dentist!!! Sorry I sound like a hyperactive Rat.... but I really had no idea what to do... which edition of dental decks do u suggest. I searched on Amazon.. they have the newest edition with flashcards... is that enough? What about for 1st Aid? Which edition do you suggest?

drKJ said:

Thanks Dr.Kj!!! ReAlly means alot!!!