NEED some help.. please.. scholl interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddschris

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised you got interviews with stats like that this late in the cycle.

Why do you want to get into Scholl so bad? Don't take this the wrong way, but it's kind of hard to be picky with numbers like that. You should apply broadly to maximize your chance of getting accepted anywhere.

You're not the only one being interviewed, I like to think you ( the candidate ) is also interviewing the school itself. The fact that they invited shows they want you to be there.

So just relax and be yourself. I do not remember but I think scholl interviews are open file. They read your PS and know about your academics so be prepared to clarify things you told them. The interviewers are nice people and they even gave me feedback on my interview. they said I was very eccentric... I like to think im not wierd... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Listen to Ankle breaker, and Ek has a point but Im going to assume NYCPM and Scholl are your last options for interviews and you applied to all or most of the pod schools.

To add a different twist to this I used to be an Avid Actor, I even went on a short tour with an acting group up the east coast. I would play characters with accents all the time I could make people think I was from anywhere on earth. The best bit of advice I can give you is work on your english, work on how you pronounce words. Youtube is your friend you should work as hard this week on being the best interviewer as you would in pod school its that important.

Anyone can imitate an accent, im not saying to be fake or over the top but practice, practice, practice. You seem like you really want this so make yourself a proper speaker you have your script its your life and your story. There's only a few different ways you can explain yourself if your telling the truth so practice it with somebody who can correct you. The last thing you want to do is come across as not only a bad speaker but a bad listener because if you cant speak correct english you probalby wont learn in english to well. (They will assume this .I assume)

I could guess your previous interviews turned out how they did because of poor interviewing skills, like Ankle breaker said if they interviewed you then you have a shot.

yeah I applied to 7/8 schools.
some people flat out rejected me because (i assume) I didn't meet their GPA cut-off. :oops:
But if I have to pick ANY school out of the 8, NYCPM and scholl would be my top 2 choices.
I feel lucky to have an interview at Scholl. Beside, I understand it probably is my last shot.

Anyhow, thank you everyone for your inputs.

God Bless

When was your interview at NYCPM?

Last edited:
nycpm interview was a while ago. I think I got an email right after I submitted my file. I thought it was a fair environment. It was two on one kinda thing which was not something that I expected. I really liked the school too bad they rejected me. :(

I had slight similar stats just a bit better with the gpa and I got straight rejections from scholl, western, nypcm, temple. I only got an interview at Barry and it got it which was awesome. I'm happy that they accepted me since I really enjoyed the school

did you even not get any interviews?

Just do your best. That's all you can really ask yourself. The good thing is that you have experience now. Think about what went well during your last interviews and what you should work on. I'm willing to bet that you're going to get some pretty similar questions in your next interview. Like Why Pod, Why these poor grades, etc.

The fact that you got interviews this late in the cycle (the period closes in 3 weeks! lol) means that there is something about you that made the schools take you seriously even though there are probably only a handful of seats remaining. I figure the majority of Pod school rejections occur during this time (May-June) but try not to worry about it too much. If you can't get in it probably doesn't mean that you weren't qualified for a seat, but just that the volume of demand was so high at this point that you might need DO level stats to get in.

I'd be willing to bet that if you applied early next cycle, you would have a much easier time gaining acceptance assuming that your interviewing skills are down.

I want to hear how it goes next week so raise this thread from the dead and tell us how it went. OR ITs CURTAINS FOR YA :boom: ,, im just kidding but good luck bro I hope you make it.:D