Need some help here, Dont know what to do..what do you all think??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JorgeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hell guys, my name is Jorge and this is my first post here. I ve been lurkin for a while and you guys seriously kick ass, awesome advisers.

I have a few questions. So ok, I will be working 25 -30 hours a week next semester and I dont know what to take, here are the options.

Option 1) Human Anatomy with lab
Human Physiology with lab
Microbiology with lab
U.S. History ( from 1865 to present)
General Psychology

Option 2)
Human Anatomy with lab
U.S. History
General Psychology

Option 3)
Microbiology with lab
U.S. History
General Psychology

Now, With Option 2 and 3, I can take either human anatomy or micro in the summer. What do you guys think? Which option seems the best? Is option 1 doable? History and Psychology should be a breeze, but my worries are those sciences. I mean, I am sure option 1 is pretty doable, but I want to know your guys opinion since I am sure many of you have taken these courses and know what to expect. What do you guys think?

Jorge...

Members don't see this ad.

Option 4

16 hours Barology 101
16 hours How to bar hop effectively 101
16 hours How to pick up the opposite at bars 101

i dunno, but w/ all that work i'd take the lightest schedule u can. no need to kill yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why the anatomy/physio classes? Med schools don't encourage you to take classes that overlap with their curriculum.

Originally posted by Pinkertinkle
Why the anatomy/physio classes? Med schools don't encourage you to take classes that overlap with their curriculum.

Where did you hear this?

Don't encourage, but it sure as h*ll helps. I wish I had taken anatomy as an undergrad...maybe all this stuff wouldn't be so unfamiliar to me.

If I were you, just take one or two of those hard-core science classes. Don't take all of them.

Take as much as you reasonably can and still do very well. If you have any notion at all that taking the heavier schedule might impact negatively upon your grades, take the lighter load. Good luck.

Take whatever you feel most comfortable with. Heavy loads don't necessarily mean worse grades. Hell, I had my best semester when I had to get permission to take more than the allowed amount of credits, and I hade my weakest semesters when I did the minimum number of credits.

I think that option #3 looks the best...micro isn't that bad ...and anatomy is do able together..

While, phiso is alot of work and material to cover...but is closely related with anatomy..may even be the same book!

Take two sciences, but not three and a distrubution class

Good luck:clap:

I agree! If i were you i would pick #3.

Was the best bio class I took and the best prep for the MCAT.

Originally posted by Pinkertinkle

This doesn't sound right. Almost everyone in my anatomy and physiology classes were premed.

Most advanced bio courses will overlap with med school somehow.

Well it's right for UCLA at least:
From UCLA website:
"Courses overlapping in subject matter (e.g. human anatomy) with those in the school of medicine are not recommended."