need help with reading comp!

diams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ,
I am hoping someone would help me with this situation. I took the OAT in september and i got a 340 on the total sciences and a 310 on tha AA. I got a 230 ont he reading comprehension , that's why the low AA 310. On the Scholarware and Oat Achiever I used to get range from 320- 340. So do you guys have any suggestion regarding how i should prepare for this section. I read the previous threads about inference questions on ther eading comprehension....but where do i get materials to practice for the new OAT reading comprehension section.Please help.....i am retaking the test again in december.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

I'm kinda in the same position.. i freaked out on RC but my TS was 340 and AA was 330.. Did you HAVE TO take it again?
:confused:

All the test materials are out-dated to the best of my knowledge. The most representative of the reading is the sample exam on the ASCO site.

Hey

I'm kinda in the same position.. i freaked out on RC but my TS was 340 and AA was 330.. Did you HAVE TO take it again?
:confused:

hey, yeah, it's very weird how a lot of us are getting low RC scores. I got a TS of 360 and an AA of 340. my RC was low, and yes, i will end up taking it again because scco wants the RC score to be above 300. best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the exact same scores. My TS was 340 and AA 310 because of the low score in RC. I just received and e-mail from SCO last week suggesting that I should take the OAT again. I'm so nervous and I really don't want to take that test again but I guess I have no other choice.

i'm just wondering, if schools email back and suggest that you should retake the OAT, does that mean you're no longer eligible for entrance for the next fall? Or does that mean, 'as long as you take it again, then you're still eligible for the next coming fall'? I'm just curious.

i'm just wondering, if schools email back and suggest that you should retake the OAT, does that mean you're no longer eligible for entrance for the next fall? Or does that mean, 'as long as you take it again, then you're still eligible for the next coming fall'? I'm just curious.

I think it means you're still eligible for next fall. It's still kind of early yet, so as long as you can take the OAT again before the March deadline you will be considered part of this application pool. .. That's my guess.