Need help to get a guaranteed pass on Comlex Level 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theosteoblasts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't match this year, and as much as it hurts me I need to have a backup plan in case no residency spots open up in the next couple of months.

I know the weakness in my application was board failures. Now that I am no longer in school or in a residency I need to use this time to get things to buff my application.

In your experience, is it possible to study for the Comlex Level 3(new one) and get a passing score and even better if I started studying now until July? I already have a Combank subscription(read mixed things) and all of the OnlineMedEd Notes for step 2. I have MTB for Step 2 and Step up to medicine as well. I was planning on getting the Intern Guide book from online med ed and another source like Step up to Step 2 so I can cover the non medicine high yield topics(OB/GYN, Peds) as well.

I of course have the Savarese green book for OMM and will be using that as well.

My hope is that a passing grade will show programs that I have the knowledge base required of an intern and that they wont have to worry about me passing during residency.

Is this a good idea? What other recommendations do you make for sources?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought combank was kind of reflective. The exam was a **** show. I would use MTB step 2 and online med Ed if you felt like you lacked a strong knowledge base.

I took it and didn’t blow it out of the water. I had like 6 weeks of “dedicated” studying 2-3 hours a day going through online med Ed PRN and like 30 combank questions a day. I studied outside of the 6 weeks but the day to day consistency was less. You’ll pass!

Reactions: 1 user
I thought combank was kind of reflective. The exam was a **** show. I would use MTB step 2 and online med Ed if you felt like you lacked a strong knowledge base.

I took it and didn’t blow it out of the water. I had like 6 weeks of “dedicated” studying 2-3 hours a day going through online med Ed PRN and like 30 combank questions a day. I studied outside of the 6 weeks but the day to day consistency was less. You’ll pass!

Thanks so much for the answer!

Do you think getting Uworld will help also?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can’t take level 3 without a PD giving you the go ahead to nbome. So you can’t take it in your time off. You couldn’t scramble into something?

You can’t take level 3 without a PD giving you the go ahead to nbome. So you can’t take it in your time off. You couldn’t scramble into something?

I could not. I'm waiting for things to open up now. They have a temporary alternate pathway for graduates to take level 3 if your medical school's Dean gives signs a petition that you were in good academic standing, which I sent to the nbome and they confirmed they received.

I could not. I'm waiting for things to open up now. They have a temporary alternate pathway for graduates to take level 3 if your medical school's Dean gives signs a petition that you were in good academic standing, which I sent to the nbome and they confirmed they received.
I hate how inconsistent they are.
I’ll have a 6 month gap and wanted to take it in that time. They told me not until I was at least accepted to a residency and a PD could vouch for me. :bang:

I hate how inconsistent they are.
I’ll have a 6 month gap and wanted to take it in that time. They told me not until I was at least accepted to a residency and a PD could vouch for me. :bang:

From what I understand this pathway has been around for a few months and no one knows about it unless you literally click around the nbome website and find the petition. It's definitely been frustrating. Can't wait to be done with them