need help regarding MCCEE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mashael

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone

i have a question regarding the MCCEE ..
i'm international intern form saudi arabia
and i'm planning to teke my residency in canada
i want to prepare for the exam..as i heared it's gonna be next may
my question is: is it enough to prepare for it from the toronto notes only? and what are other sources that i can get to study from?

and what's the minimum score to apply for ob-gynae residency?

thank you so much all
waiting for ur regards

Members don't see this ad.

Please do a search in this forum with keyword "MCCEE" and you will find many posts that will answer your questions in more detail. Toronto Notes is enough for most people... certainly enough to pass. Concentrate on the following sections: Family Medicine, Peds, Ob/Gyn, Psych. Know your psych drugs. Skip the TNotes sections on medicine and surgery as they're too broad and account for only a fifth of the exam (thus low yield to study).

You'll need ballpark 320 or better to be competitive for Ob/Gyn I think. Higher would be better as you're competing for very few spots. Approx 320 should put you in the mix so that your app will not be made or broken on your score and the rest of your app will do the real work. Even a very high score will not guarantee success if the rest of your app is so-so. (I know someone who failed to get certain interviews in Family Medicine with a score of 380.)

Good luck.

hey just a quick question regarding the MCCEE and step 2 ck... i plan on taking step 2 ck at the end of august and MCCEE the first week of september so little under 2 weeks apart.

My question is what is the crossover between step2 ck and mccee..ive heard that you should study ck and then write the MCCEE but i plan to score very high in step 2 ck and want a 400(99) on EE so is there certain parts of toronto notes that I should focus on in between the exams?

I have been told to study the public health stuff and ethics for toronto notes and use canada qbank but anyone who has written both have any advice let me know thats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone...
I am an indian doing my 5th year general medicine in georgia .. as i am planning to give MCCEE in th enext year so i want to know the procedure of examination that means i can give the exam directly after finishing my MD(general medicine) without writting MCI(medical council on india) or i have to give after reg as indian doctor...pls provide me the information as soon as possible
thank you

hey every one
im in edmonton alberta n preparing for mccee im lookin for som study partner online ...if som one interested plz contact

toronto notes, kaplan series, books displayed on mccee official website and prep from mcceeqbank.com, the one of the best qbank i have ever seen.

hey every one
im in edmonton alberta n preparing for mccee im lookin for som study partner online ...if som one interested plz contact

Hi, I am in calgary and I am going to pass EE in Sep, but I am Img and I would appreciated it if u could gtuide me about the best way to catch a good score.