Need Help on a Possible Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shiny Teeth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so on my DAT I got a 21 AA, however my pat was a 16 :( , how do I explain to the interviewer why my DAT score was so low (I ran out of time on the pattern folding and never got to it) without seeming like I dont know how to manage my time correctly. This question has me stumped, advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

You probably won't get asked this question. If you do, just say you ran out of time on the PAT section.

Reactions: 1 user
I havent been asked about my numbers once in 6 interviews in any way, shape, or form.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I havent been asked about my numbers once in 6 interviews in any way, shape, or form.

He's worried they gonna ask him because of a low score. What would they theoretically ask you? Why couldn't you get a 25AA? lol

Reactions: 1 users
@Shiny Teeth according to an old thread by doc toothache the pat is only followed by qr in how little it matters. The most important thing is AA and a 21 is a great score. If you’re worried you can say the dimensions of the screen were different/a little warped and it threw off your angles. But I doubt it matters for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been asked question about how I felt about my DAT or how I prepared for it, but never about the score in general.

Plus, 21 AA is a great score, it shouldn't raise any concerns at all

Hey guys, so on my DAT I got a 21 AA, however my pat was a 16 :( , how do I explain to the interviewer why my DAT score was so low (I ran out of time on the pattern folding and never got to it) without seeming like I dont know how to manage my time correctly. This question has me stumped, advice would be appreciated
I've heard that the best way to respond to any questions about a low score on a DAT section is to just own it and not make excuses. Maybe the PAT is different than say a science section (which is where I have a lower score). I plan to just say that I was disappointed in the score and had really studied hard, but got a section that had some questions that threw me. Also, that I have great grades in that area of science (all A's) and I really loved these classes. That I honestly thought I'd do really well on that section and had done so on the practice tests. So, I was disappointed in how I ended up doing.

In other words, I would just be completely honest about it.

I have not been asked about this section in the interviews I've had so far, but that's how I'd answer if I am asked about it in future interviews.

Last edited:
He's worried they gonna ask him because of a low score. What would they theoretically ask you? Why couldn't you get a 25AA? lol

Lol I guess what I should’ve said was that essentially all of my interviews were closed file, and therefore they couldn’t have talked about my stats even if they wanted to.