need help,need a research program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godbless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i need to be observing or being a part of a research program just to add on my resume..........can somnoe please suggest somthing or offer any help or any letter?i live in germantown, MD so it has to be close to it..........

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys,
i need to be observing or being a part of a research program just to add on my resume..........can somnoe please suggest somthing or offer any help or any letter?i live in germantown, MD so it has to be close to it..........
Uhh, what exactly are you asking for? Why do you need to be part of a research program? Sure it helps your resume, but it won't make or break you as a doc.

For some places to start, take a look at these programs (below). Some of them are a year long, some require travel, some are only for the summer.

HHMI and HHMI Cloister

NIH Summer and NIH Year-Off

NSF

These are just the tip of the iceberg, and they're just some national programs. I'm sure there are some local program closer to you as well.

Hello RxnMan
I am also looking for a research opportunity. I looked at the those web sites but they seem to be for medical student not graduate.... I am a IMG living in florida now. I already passed step1 and step2 CS. At the moment I'm studying for the step2 CK. I have always wanted to participate on a research so I have decided to miss the match 2007 in order to do this. I have been looking around south florida but any place would be great. Please let me know if you have any information?? thanks!
:)

Hello RxnMan
I am also looking for a research opportunity. I looked at the those web sites but they seem to be for medical student not graduate.... I am a IMG living in florida now. I already passed step1 and step2 CS. At the moment I'm studying for the step2 CK. I have always wanted to participate on a research so I have decided to miss the match 2007 in order to do this. I have been looking around south florida but any place would be great. Please let me know if you have any information?? thanks!
:)
Ok, that's a little bit different problem. So you have a MD and you are looking for a research opportunity? Try looking at the NIH website. They may have restrictions on non-US citizens. You may want to go to the U of Florida research center website. There's a med school on campus, and with a little investigative work you should be able to find a lab on campus that can use your help. If there isn't, then look for similar places at other universities in Florida.

You must have some idea of what speciality you want to practice - you can call those departments some of the local university-affiliated hospitals (start with them because they're more likely to have larger, better funded research programs).

Happy hunting.