Need help figuring out what to do regarding bad MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amuf

Reaction score
So I am a career changer postbacc who was part of a fast track program for my state med school. I got a 3.95 GPA but did bad on my MCAT 494. Main reason is nerves got the best of me, didn't focus enough on the calculations reviews and just concepts, was busy trying to pass my remaining classes, and did kind of rush it to take it for the postbacc fast track. I know I can do better. I was scoring in 502-504 range on practice tests and honestly had only 2 weeks to actually devote to studying MCAT. The thing is I interviewed already and everything. They are just waiting on my score for their review. She wants it in next day or two. So now I don't know what to do. Should i back out? Do I tell them I did poorly? Or do I just send my score and just let them reject me? Do i not send my score and just withdraw? Do i apologize? not sure what to do

Members don't see this ad.

So I am a career changer postbacc who was part of a fast track program for my state med school. I got a 3.95 GPA but did bad on my MCAT 494. Main reason is nerves got the best of me, didn't focus enough on the calculations reviews and just concepts, was busy trying to pass my remaining classes, and did kind of rush it to take it for the postbacc fast track. I know I can do better. I was scoring in 502-504 range on practice tests and honestly had only 2 weeks to actually devote to studying MCAT. The thing is I interviewed already and everything. They are just waiting on my score for their review. She wants it in next day or two. So now I don't know what to do. Should i back out? Do I tell them I did poorly? Or do I just send my score and just let them reject me? Do i not send my score and just withdraw? Do i apologize? not sure what to do
Just send the score and wait for their reply. The mcat takes months to prepare for, make sure you can devote enough time next time.

You took the MCAT unprepared and now have to face its consequences. I’d say don’t rush into taking another one so fast and take your time studying for your retake.