Need help ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonnichowdhury

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
So I am an IM resident right now and after IM residency I want to do GS residency so for GS matching I need to have clincial Rotations in GS So my question is can I do clinical Rotations in GS while being an IM resident or do I have to be an attending in IM to do clinical Rotations in GS as I will be an IM physician Is it even allowed. Guys I am very very confused please sort out my confusion.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think an IM doc can do any surgery rotations

So I am an IM resident right now and after IM residency I want to do GS residency so for GS matching I need to have clincial Rotations in GS So my question is can I do clinical Rotations in GS while being an IM resident or do I have to be an attending in IM to do clinical Rotations in GS as I will be an IM physician Is it even allowed. Guys I am very very confused please sort out my confusion.
1) that was the Worlds longest sentence

2) if you have elective time AND if they allow “free reign” in your choice, then you could explore GS. However this would be generally limited to 1 month.

3) you’ll probably have better luck getting a rotation on a surgical sub like CR surgery IF the department allowed it. I’d imagine most would see you as a liability (ie comparable to an MS3)

Did you match into IM and change your mind? Or did you fail to match into GS?

Members don't see this ad :)