Need DO school list - thank you!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K M R

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
KS resident, 3.77/3.60, balanced 33P, 300 hours of volunteering (100 clinical), 50 hours shadowing, decent LOEs + strong committee letter, several multi-year ECs. Dual degree program, both in social sciences, with one at the graduate level.

Looking at five DO schools at most. So far I have KCUMB, KCOM, and VCOM-Carolinas. Thoughts on others to add, or even to replace these three? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say you are pretty good to go anywhere, great stats. Just depends where you are willing to move and what type of learning you like. Some schools are problem based. Also, look at the Underdog thread to see what schools have regional bias

KS resident, 3.77/3.60, balanced 33P, 300 hours of volunteering (100 clinical), 50 hours shadowing, decent LOEs + strong committee letter, several multi-year ECs. Dual degree program, both in social sciences, with one at the graduate level.

Looking at five DO schools at most. So far I have KCUMB, KCOM, and VCOM-Carolinas. Thoughts on others to add, or even to replace these three? Thank you!!
You are too smart for DO if this is what you want to hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say you are pretty good to go anywhere, great stats. Just depends where you are willing to move and what type of learning you like. Some schools are problem based. Also, look at the Underdog thread to see what schools have regional bias

GREAT point. Not really interested in PBL, as I have more of a lone wolf personality. I am interested in the "Genesis" curriculum or whatever it's called (systems-based, I think), which I think KCUMB and other schools have.

You are too smart for DO if this is what you want to hear.

Yes, asking for help in choosing two additional DO schools = Gloating. :cool:

No reason to apply to DO schools.

No reason to apply to DO schools.

KS only has one state school. OOS at public schools is always a longshot, ditto for private MD schools. Thus I would like to diversify and add a few DO schools.

Perhaps KCUMB, KCOM, and VCOM would suffice? Just out of curiosity, about how much would the AACOMAS primary be for three schools? Thank you all.

It's always smart to have a back up, a friend of mine had a 36mcat and 3.5 and didnt get in anywhere and wishes they applied DO instead of wasting a year and having to reapply. So i think 5 DO is a good amount just to play it safe.

KS only has one state school. OOS at public schools is always a longshot, ditto for private MD schools. Thus I would like to diversify and add a few DO schools.

Perhaps KCUMB, KCOM, and VCOM would suffice? Just out of curiosity, about how much would the AACOMAS primary be for three schools? Thank you all.

If you apply broadly and early (like now) you'll be fine with your stats. You'll get into every DO school you apply to provided you are not weird. Just pick the ones that are in areas that you like/would be happy at. With your stats it's really up to you what DO you apply to.

If you apply broadly and early (like now) you'll be fine with your stats. You'll get into every DO school you apply to provided you are not weird. Just pick the ones that are in areas that you like/would be happy at. With your stats it's really up to you what DO you apply to.

Awesome, thank you.

I'm ballparking something like $250 for the AACOMAS primary with three schools, is that accurate?

Awesome, thank you.

I'm ballparking something like $250 for the AACOMAS primary with three schools, is that accurate?

Pretty much...

http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/2013cib/2013cib-p18-20.pdf said:
$175
Add $32 for each additional designation
at the time of submission

239$

Pretty much...

239$

Baller. I won't have the extra funds until early August, hopefully that won't be too late? My AMCAS will be in in the next few days though.