Need-Based Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This will be my last post on SDN for quite a while (trying to detox from social media/SDN/Reddit) lol. I finished up with all documentations for school, and I submitted my FAFSA today. As the subject line reads, do DO schools offer Need-Based scholarships?

I searched past threads and couldn’t find anything. Here are a few numbers that may help with my situation and someone in the future. I grew up POOR (My mom made around 10k per year and we are in a low COL state). I am classified as an independent, but my return for the 2017 year is abysmal at best.

I have received a scholarship my entire college career, due to the mixture of URM + poor. Should I expect any type of financial aid package or will I be borrowing those sweet, sweet, student loans like everyone else lol.

Members don't see this ad.

This will be my last post on SDN for quite a while (trying to detox from social media/SDN/Reddit) lol. I finished up with all documentations for school, and I submitted my FAFSA today. As the subject line reads, do DO schools offer Need-Based scholarships?

I searched past threads and couldn’t find anything. Here are a few numbers that may help with my situation and someone in the future. I grew up POOR (My mom made around 10k per year and we are in a low COL state). I am classified as an independent, but my return for the 2017 year is abysmal at best.

I have received a scholarship my entire college career, due to the mixture of URM + poor. Should I expect any type of financial aid package or will I be borrowing those sweet, sweet, student loans like everyone else lol.
I mean try to apply. Worst that happens is you don’t get anything. You have a shot depending on the policies of the school

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm not URM. There's scholarships based on race but I didn't really look into those much because I don't qualify for any.

DO schools generally don't have need-based scholarships far as I could tell unless its TCOM or attached to a university or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just bite the bullet and accept the fact that as a DO you’re PC bound, take that rural PC scholarship offer everyone gets and get your entire schooling paid for...

I don't think there's a rural PC scholarship that'll cover tuition fully. Unless you do 8+ years in certain states.
~60% of DO's entered primary care in 2018, less if you assume the ones entering IM go on to fellowship.

I don't think there's a rural PC scholarship that'll cover tuition fully. Unless you do 8+ years in certain states.
~60% of DO's entered primary care in 2018, less if you assume the ones entering IM go on to fellowship.
There is, it’s almost like a military scholarship, they do a big presentation about it to first year students.

Reactions: 1 user