Need answers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOGGU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Does UIC stand for University of Illinois, Chicago.Does this university offer a DDS/DMD course for international students.I WAS LED TO BELIEVE IT is a certificate course. Kindly help,those of you who know or who have got into UIC.How many years is the DDS course if available & what are requisites?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
UIC stands for University of Illinois, Chicago.
They do have a 2 year program for foreign trained dentists, but it is a certificate program and you will not get a DDS/DMD degree. You are eligible to take the licensure exam in Illinois.
Another point worth noting is, since it is a certificate program, they won't issue you an I-20, so you can't join the program on an F-1. You need to be a green card holder or citizen.
If you are practising in Illinois, it is fine. Otherwise, make sure whether this program is acceptable to other state boards to take the licensure exam, if you decide to move after 5 yrs of practice in Illinois.
my final thoughts on this program- this program is not cheap, it costs about 80K (my apologies to people admitted to NYU). I wouldn't mind spending another 20K if i can get a DDS/DMD degree and have the flexibility to practice in any state in the union.

Hi Dental Supremo,
Thankyou for enlightening me about UIC,till now I always wondered when I heard somebody say they got into UIC.....THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION BUDDY!