Need advise on how to best study for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMPROVEDAILY

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an MCAT schedule and am not sure whether to follow it by time or by topic.

If I allocate 3 hours in the morning for Chemistry and then 3 hours for Bio in the afternoon. Should I switch topics regardless how far I have gotten in the morning session?

For example if I haven't completed Thermodynamics review and the assigned passages in the morning, should I move on to amino acids and its passages in the afternoon and then pick back up where I left off the next morning with chem?

Or power through until I completely finish with chem and its assigned passages before moving on to bio?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would finish each subject that you start before moving on to a section of another subject. This way, you will avoid falling behind in one subject relative to the other subject. I don't know what resources you are using, but when I was using the Kaplan book set I found that if I progressed evenly in all the subjects at the same time then the books would refer to each other. If you are farther ahead in one subject you may run into a topic that involves portions of the other subject that you have not reached yet.