Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizll3105

Reaction score
Not sure how to go about this and was hoping for any advice on the matter. I am currently in the middle of applying for optometry schools and am conflicted on what to do. My freshman year of college I was at another institution and I was stupid and cheated on a test and was caught. I ended up transferring to another school and have not had any issues since I finished my sanctions. My problem is I am not sure how to address it on my applications or even if I should address it. My grade for the class was not affected and it is not on my transcript and I am actually trying to expunge it off my record. I got in touch with the student conduct from my previous institution to ask what I should do and he said schools usually do not ask for conduct records from old institutions and that if I get it expunged I can answer the question in optomcas as a "no" with good faith. just want other peoples advice and perceptive on what I should do. thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

It's weird that something like this would not affect your grade in the class. That makes it sound like it's a pretty low level offense. Get it expunged if you can and move on with your life.

Reactions: 1 user