Need Advice: Have to Reapply to Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightynematode

Reaction score
Long story shot, I left Pharmacy school to complete a Masters degree but I'd like to return. My Masters was in a science field and, I believe, would enhance my experience as a Pharmacist. The Masters is designed to help people apply to Medical school, which I did, but I was unsuccessful. I will have to complete some paperwork and explain why I want to return to Pharmacy school and a committee will decide. How do I convey I'm still interested in Pharmacy practice (which I obviously am) without making it appear like it's merely a Plan B? I really would like this to work in my favor.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you need to mention applying to med school at all.

Just say you wanted to expand your science knowledge so you got a Masters.

Members don't see this ad :)
You: I have always been passionate about helping people and improving their health outcomes. As a pharmacy technician, I witnessed the vital role that pharmacists play in providing patient care, education, and hope. I decided to pursue a master’s degree in public health to gain a broader perspective on the health care system and the social determinants of health. However, I realized that I wanted to have a more direct and personal impact on the lives of individuals and communities. That is why I want to return to pharmacy school and become a pharmacist. I believe that pharmacy is a diverse, secure, and fulfilling profession that will allow me to use my skills and knowledge to make a positive difference in the world.

Admissions officer: Thank you for that. But just looking back at my checklist, I asked if you had a pulse.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Nvm, the form had no section to explain. It was a pretty rudimentary form so I'm done with it.

Last edited:
at this point just about any pharmacy school will let anyone in with half a brain, and some don't even require that

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
You: I have always been passionate about helping people and improving their health outcomes. As a pharmacy technician, I witnessed the vital role that pharmacists play in providing patient care, education, and hope. I decided to pursue a master’s degree in public health to gain a broader perspective on the health care system and the social determinants of health. However, I realized that I wanted to have a more direct and personal impact on the lives of individuals and communities. That is why I want to return to pharmacy school and become a pharmacist. I believe that pharmacy is a diverse, secure, and fulfilling profession that will allow me to use my skills and knowledge to make a positive difference in the world.

🤥

You got rejected from medical? That's an automatic acceptance to pharmacy school. Not joking. Search this forum for medical, dental, PA, optometry, and even PT rejects. They've all been offered automatic acceptance to pharmacy school.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Admissions officer: Thank you for that. But just looking back at my checklist, I asked if you had a pulse.
^ Give the admission office what they want to hear

Correction: I did have to submit a letter with my readmission application. Does it seem likely I'll be readmitted (I wonder if anyone here had done something similar as I've never heard of it)?

Correction: I did have to submit a letter with my readmission application. Does it seem likely I'll be readmitted (I wonder if anyone here had done something similar as I've never heard of it)?

This has already been answered.

The admission officer only cares if you have a pulse and can secure $200k+ in student loan money.

If you left in good standing, it's likely that you will be reaccepted. If you left in poor standing or were involuntarily removed, then there's an explanation.

Reactions: 1 user