Need a PGY1 position for 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Residentsoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing how the match system works, and bad stories, so I'm going to sell myself to the highest bidder right now. We can have a confidential, verbal agreement and then do everything through the computers. Basically, we're just going to have to trust each other. "Important" things first: average for both USMLE scores is 240 and my step 1 is higher than that. I work efficiently, my preceptors would describe me as highly intelligent, I have received evaluations from residents saying I would make a great house officer, and I can manage things independently.

This would be good for both of us. You know who you are getting: a good american born, teachable physician, and I don't have to deal with the consequential anxiety of possibly winding up as a bum after the match.

My interests are mainly in surgery (I had great exposure to plastic, ENT, and neurosurg in my core) and I am open to discussing other specialties like internal med, radiology, orthopedics. I'm interested primarily in programs on the east coast, but willing to talk to anyone from anywhere.

If you're hesitant to this idea, think of it this way: it's like not buying a stock at 10 and then watching it go to 20... or 30.. you talk to a friend about that stock and he says oh yeah I bought it when it was at 11. How would that make you feel?

You program directors may think this is a joke.. I am NOT joking. This will be my first time going through the match. I'm taking my destiny into my own hands. If anyone is interested in me being one of your residents, then PM me your number. You've got a lead. It's free. It's WHOLESALE. Straight from the horse's mouth. CLOSE on it!

Members don't see this ad.