NCAA Bowl Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mddo&beyond

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still a lowly pre-med hoping for an acceptance this cycle, but cannot help myself from thinking about this as I watch all of these bowl games. Do the team physicians get all the bowl "swag" too?? I am interested in sports medicine for my future career and can't help but think about this haha

Obviously, this has no impact on my desire to pursue the field, just a fun question I have wondered for awhile now.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually some, but not all. Team physicians generally (at least the higher budget athletic departments) get about the same stuff the coaches and/or trainers get.

However that is an expensive sweatshirt when you factor into the 20-30+ hours per week you may doing beyond clinic patients and extra time missing clinic while traveling with team, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably not, but then again I haven't been a team doc for a team that made it to a bowl game either lol. We get the swag in terms of clothing and access, though I had to pay for my conference championship rings (not in football). That being said, my main job is clinic. I'm not there every single day of the week like the coaches and staff. I do training room as needed and show up to games, but that's it. Being a team doc is more of a marketing thing to your practice, it's why a lot of sports med docs out there don't cover more than just high school teams.

Reactions: 1 users
I am still a lowly pre-med hoping for an acceptance this cycle, but cannot help myself from thinking about this as I watch all of these bowl games. Do the team physicians get all the bowl "swag" too?? I am interested in sports medicine for my future career and can't help but think about this haha

Obviously, this has no impact on my desire to pursue the field, just a fun question I have wondered for awhile now.
When I was an athlete at a big conference university I always saw our team docs wearing the swag Nike would give us.

Reactions: 1 user