NBME assessments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreds

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the boards, do you recommend doing the $45 NBME assessments before you start studying or after you have reviewed everything?

Members don't see this ad.

CherryPie,

When you take the 150 questions at the Prometics center, do they allow you to write down what you answered for each question so that you can score it and check your answers later? Or, do they give you a printout that shows what you answered for each question?

I don't want to go through the questions twice!

thanks.

When you take the NBME assessments can you go back through the test after you get your score and subject breakdown?

myt said:
CherryPie,

When you take the 150 questions at the Prometics center, do they allow you to write down what you answered for each question so that you can score it and check your answers later? Or, do they give you a printout that shows what you answered for each question?

I don't want to go through the questions twice!

thanks.

Sorry it took awhile to answer your question. I have not been on the forum for awhile.
To answer your question: no, you are not allowed to write anything down and the print out only shows your percentage. However, after you take it go home or to the library or anyplace that has a computer. And, open up qbank. Kaplan has the explanations. You will still remember what you put for a particualr answer.