Nbde change on 2019??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Egyptian Dentist 2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I ve read that the exam system will be changed in 2019
Does anyone know the difference between the new and old one??
And if I can take anyone of them, what do you suggest I do?
Have the Exam now or after 2019?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello
I ve read that the exam system will be changed in 2019
Does anyone know the difference between the new and old one??
And if I can take anyone of them, what do you suggest I do?
Have the Exam now or after 2019?

Google "INBDE" and go to the first link that returns under the results and go to FAQs. For some reason I can't post links yet. should have some of your questions answered. I don't think they implement it until after July 2020, and there's 300-450 questions supposedly, not the combined 900 for NBDE part1+2

Reactions: 1 user
Google "INBDE" and go to the first link that returns under the results and go to FAQs. For some reason I can't post links yet. should have some of your questions answered. I don't think they implement it until after July 2020, and there's 300-450 questions supposedly, not the combined 900 for NBDE part1+2

I have searched but I have more questions
What subjects should I study for INBDE
Will I need to study biochemistry and other predental ones??

I read that it’s supposed to be more clinical based vs the current exam is more knowledge based. NBDE 1 is straight up memorization. NBDE 2 is more clinical based, but still has a memorization component. They are trying to move away from the memorization because it doesn’t show the ADA much about how we would go about developing tx plans, our judgement, or how we’d deal with ethical delimmas; only tells them how much info we can cram into our brains and spill it out come test day.

Personally, I think the new exam is going to be better.... but who knows. Sometimes things just sound good on paper.

Reactions: 1 user