NBDE-1. Dental Anatomy Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaithm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All... Most of you must be preparing for National Boards. Can someone answer the following question? If anyone can provide any pointer to this topic, will be great and appreciate...

Thanks in Advance ...
-km

The lingual cusp of maxillary second premolar contacts

A) Mesial marginal Ridge of mandibular first molar and distal marginal Ridge of mandibular second premolar

B) Distal Triangular fossa of mandibular second pre molar

c) Mesial Triangular fossa of mandibular pre molar

D) None of the Aboves ( Provide correct Answer)

Members don't see this ad.

what u have read is about the shape of interdental septum, question about the height of the interproximal bone. read 5 lines above the paragraph you mentioned, you will see an answer there. hope this is clear now.

@ butterfly22
.i checked in Carranza's
It says dat the mesiodistal and faciolingual dimensions and shape of the interdental septum are governed by the size and convexity of the crowns of the two approximating teeth,as well as by the position of the teeth in the jaw and their degree of eruption. (chapter-5,pg83)
so according to this the answer will be- 2
what do u say?:(
[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot Teethie....:thumbup: i was so messed up wid this simple ques:p

thanks a lot Teethie....:thumbup: i was so messed up wid this simple ques:p[/QUOTE]

hey butterfly when u get time can u pls post what those 5 lines say... :) thanks

In a healthy state , the height of interproximal alveolar bone is most directly related to -
1- COnvexity of F and L surfaces of crown
2- convexity of proximal surfaces of crown
3- relationship of proximal contacts occlusocervically
4- relationship of proximal contacts faciolingually
5-relationship of cemento enamel lines of adjacent teeth

Please explain...
Im between 2 and 3 !?

Members don't see this ad :)
The answer is (B)

REF:wheelers
In the occlusion chapter it is clearly mentioned that an important cusp fossa apposition includes maxillary premolar lingual cusps occluding in the triangular fossa of the opposing mandibular premolars.
Though, it is not mentioned specifically abt the DTF but if u look in the diagram i think we should go with choice (b)
plz correct if it is wrong.

Where did you find a text in Wheelers book that says that, because i found somthing different:confused:,
if you go back to page#291, if you look at fig.16-31 B i would easily see that the lingual cusp goes in the distal fossa. but excatly at the same page (upper left column) it says: ''The lingual cuspe of the max.premolars Do Not Necessarily make contact in the fossa of the mandibular BUT but occlude with the marginal ridges of the premolars or premolar and 1s molar as indicated in fig.16-36.A.and 16-37"
and excatly in this figure 16-37 you would see it.

Which of the following correctly describes the activity of tooth forming cells during the last part of active eruption?
1. Ameloblasts are functioning actively
2. Odontoblasts are functioning actively
3. The secondary enamel cuticle is being formed
4. Cementoblasts have completed their work and are no longer functional

PLz can someone explain?!

Which of the following correctly describes the activity of tooth forming cells during the last part of active eruption?
1. Ameloblasts are functioning actively
2. Odontoblasts are functioning actively
3. The secondary enamel cuticle is being formed
4. Cementoblasts have completed their work and are no longer functional

PLz can someone explain?!
ans shd be (2)..right?:xf:

Thanx butterfly22:thumbup:
yes the answer was 2... i just wanted to know why... got the reason in another thread... it is coz odontoblasts function actively throughout life... hope dat is true!:xf:

yup datz wat i thought but dont u think dat (3) can be a possibility as well since they r askin bout last part of active eruption....
whn the tooth erupts itis covered by primary enamel cuticle, which is lost and secondary cuticle starts forming..
correct meif wrong..:)

yup datz wat i thought but dont u think dat (3) can be a possibility as well since they r askin bout last part of active eruption....
whn the tooth erupts itis covered by primary enamel cuticle, which is lost and secondary cuticle starts forming..
correct meif wrong..:)

Well maybe!! Dont know much about eruption histology :( ..... but the fact that odontoblasts function throughout life is for sure (100%) so i think this is one of the things i might have to mug up!