Navy or Air Force

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnducd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I have recieved the HPSP scholarship through both the Air Force and the Navy and have been recently accepted to UOP. I have made long lists of pros and cons between the Navy and Air Force but I thought I would take some advice from others into account before I make a decision. Any thoughts or experience....?

Members don't see this ad.

I was active duty USAF and found their bases are generally in better repair and better 'quality' in comparison to the other branches.

Having said that, I have a couple friends that served in the Navy, and they've been all over the world and seen a LOT more than I ever did when stationed in Texas and North Dakota.

So, here's my opinion:
If you have a family and want 'nicer' home-life, go USAF.

If you're single, and want to see the world, go Navy.

I'll agree that in general the USAF has bases that are better looking and maintained than Navy bases. However, there are exceptions as there are some awesome Navy facilities!

As an officer in the Navy, you tend to command a little more respect from the enlisted side. A more disciplined atmosphere than the Air Force. I do agree that the safe choice for your family, at least for stability is the Air Force. But if you want opportunites to live in unique places and deploy to pretty cool places ( as well as the responsibilities that go along with it) then the Navy is a better choice. You also can't beat the Navy uniforms!

Who do you feel has better training for AEGD programs? I am leaning towards the Navy for the opportunity to live in great cities across the world, but I have been constantly hearing that the Air Force has better facilities. I have had a hard time getting honest answers because it seems as though everyone is happy with their decision whether it be Navy or Air Force. I am currently single, but who knows what may change in the next four years. Something to think about.