Navy HPSP professionally recommended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucfknight7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from my recruiter congratulating me for being professionally recommended for the navy HPSP. I know that this doesn't mean that I am guaranteed the scholarship, but the chances are pretty much 100%? What causes them to not select you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call from my recruiter congratulating me for being professionally recommended for the navy HPSP. I know that this doesn't mean that I am guaranteed the scholarship, but the chances are pretty much 100%? What causes them to not select you?
Congrats!! It is such an amazing feeling receiving that call! I honestly felt way more excited about the HPSP than getting into dental school. So you are correct that it doesn't mean 100%. And I was in your shoes a year ago and I tried to do as much research about the topic that I could. But I believe that as long as you get the rest of the paperwork in that your recruiter needs then you shouldn't have any problems. I don't think anyone ever have any problems. I know somebody who was professionally recommended and then was told they would actually be getting the 3 year hpsp, but ended up getting the 4 year. So it ended up working out for them. So feel free to be excited and celebrate!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! I have also been professionally recommended! What school are you attending?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I have also been professionally recommended! What school are you attending?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Congrats to you as well. Nova as of now, but I'm still waiting to hear back from UF. Hbu?

Congratulations to all of ya'll! I was also pro-recommended yes and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a time frame when one is offered the scholarship officially?

Congratulations to all of ya'll! I was also pro-recommended yes and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a time frame when one is offered the scholarship officially?
Really hard to say. I have heard that it usually takes a few months from being recommended, getting an approved scroll, and commissioning. It usually all works out and we should be able to commission before school starts, but there have been some delays this year.

Keep your fingers crossed for an approved scroll soon!