Navy Anesthesiology clerkships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverine1212

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has done anesthesiology clerkships at the Navy hospitals (SD, Portsmouth or Bethesda)...and what they're experiences have been.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

wolverine1212 said:
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has done anesthesiology clerkships at the Navy hospitals (SD, Portsmouth or Bethesda)...and what they're experiences have been.

Thanks

I did my residency at Bethesda and was the Chairmen of the Education Committee at Portsmouth....Your experience as a rotator will be very much up to you.

If you read (I mean the entire baby Miller) before showing up for the rotation and show interest with an appropriate level of aggressiveness, you will likely have a good experience.

Or if you're a slacker, you'll get to go home early, and likely not get offered a spot with the program when time comes.

militarymd said:
I did my residency at Bethesda and was the Chairmen of the Education Committee at Portsmouth....Your experience as a rotator will be very much up to you.

If you read (I mean the entire baby Miller) before showing up for the rotation and show interest with an appropriate level of aggressiveness, you will likely have a good experience.

Or if you're a slacker, you'll get to go home early, and likely not get offered a spot with the program when time comes.

MilMD

I was looking at Portsmouth's info about their clerkships, and it said they take students from Nov-April for Anesthesiology. I am curious if thats a typo or do they try not to take too many students during the peak time for clerkships in August-October. I have thought about an Anesthesiology rotation but November seems kinda late to rotate at Portsmouth, any suggestions?

bb622 said:
MilMD

I was looking at Portsmouth's info about their clerkships, and it said they take students from Nov-April for Anesthesiology. I am curious if thats a typo or do they try not to take too many students during the peak time for clerkships in August-October. I have thought about an Anesthesiology rotation but November seems kinda late to rotate at Portsmouth, any suggestions?

That is correct. We got inundated with WAY too many rotators during certain months......We have so many folks that we don't know where to put you guys....and you guys wind up with a bad experience.