Natural Logarithm Problems in Chemistry

RLK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you solve a natural logarithm problem in chemistry on the OAT, where calculators are not allowed?

For example, the EMF and equilibrium constant equation is:

E = RT/nF * ln Keq

if I had all of the values, I don't think I'd know what to do with the natural log of the equilibrium constant.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

RLK said:
How would you solve a natural logarithm problem in chemistry on the OAT, where calculators are not allowed?

For example, the EMF and equilibrium constant equation is:

E = RT/nF * ln Keq

if I had all of the values, I don't think I'd know what to do with the natural log of the equilibrium constant.

Thanks
we never had that kind of questions. At least the one I took didnt have that kind of question. Chemistry in OAT are very basic, and Calculator is not needed. stop thinking too much.

ppa93 said:
we never had that kind of questions. At least the one I took didnt have that kind of question. Chemistry in OAT are very basic, and Calculator is not needed. stop thinking too much.

Oh ok thanks. I'm taking this online Kaplan course and they give all these formulas. They didn't put much emphasis on that one, but I was just wondering. This course points out what's important, which is good, but they still go through a good bit of information. Some of the stuff in the general chemistry section I never saw in general chemistry when I took it.

RLK said:
Oh ok thanks. I'm taking this online Kaplan course and they give all these formulas. They didn't put much emphasis on that one, but I was just wondering. This course points out what's important, which is good, but they still go through a good bit of information. Some of the stuff in the general chemistry section I never saw in general chemistry when I took it.

Well, when I took OAT, G Chem was pretty easy. O Chem is easier.