National Conference Presentation: Does length determine if it "counts" for ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KendallJennerSniperLady69

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an admittedly pretty unsophisticated abstract accepted to a national conference. Weirdly, the presentation time is only 3 minutes long with a maximum of 5 slides... They call it a "quickshot" presentation, but it is still orally presented, followed by a Q&A.

Does this still count as a national conference oral presentation? It seems that there is another category of presentation that I was NOT accepted for, which they refer to as an "oral" presentation (8 minutes long).

Wondering if this is worth my time/money to attend this conference, especially since it isn't a specialty specific conference.

Members don't see this ad.

I would still consider it an oral presentation. It doesn't really fit into any other category as far as I can tell.

Did you look into if your school may provide some type of funding for you to attend the conference either in registration or travel?

I think some associations will waive registration fees for presenters. Unfortunately mine does not. I participate in a yearly presentation that lasts for a whole day and don't get squat. heh.

Anyway, congrats on it being accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a presentation. You just have to play by the rules for which the presentation was accepted, but no one will care if it was a quick-shot, chalk talk, or a standard 10-minute talk. But it's your time and your money.

Reactions: 1 user