NASIS not secure warning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boronew

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my navy HPSP recruiter sent me an email that contains a link to NASIS.
When I clicked the link, it forwards to a website but it shows a warning sign that it's not safe and other can misuse my information. Is this normal? I'm worried.

Members don't see this ad.

It's probably OK

Historically the military has not been getting their SSL certificates from the usual root certificate authorities that are included in every web browser. Instead, they sign their own. You can download and install the DOD's crypto certificates to make that browser warning go away.

Its example #274 of the military IT people doing something nonstandardish in the name of enhanced security, with the actual net effect of degrading security.

Reactions: 1 users
It's probably OK

Historically the military has not been getting their SSL certificates from the usual root certificate authorities that are included in every web browser. Instead, they sign their own. You can download and install the DOD's crypto certificates to make that browser warning go away.

Its example #274 of the military IT people doing something nonstandardish in the name of enhanced security, with the actual net effect of degrading security.
Ahh Thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
IMG_0242.jpeg

Hi, let’s do lunch. (Two joys of retirement: monthly check from DFAS, and not seeing this woman’s face on a recurring basis).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 374283
Hi, let’s do lunch. (Two joys of retirement: monthly check from DFAS, and not seeing this woman’s face on a recurring basis).
So punchable

I used to do those modules and try to get every question wrong. Never made it through with a perfect (imperfect) record, but you get credit regardless.

Reactions: 1 users