This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteCoat1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I never write posts on forums but I recently discovered SDN and have lived on it the past week as I prepared for the NAPLEX. As other people's stories have helped me, I figure I could possibly help someone else. If this helps no one, then no big deal.

So for people FREAKING OUT about the NAPLEX, I was right there with you in last few days.
My test date was a couple days ago. I probably prepared (actually studying) about 6 days in advance to my NAPLEX.

Here is what I learned after taking the NAPLEX:

1. SDN math problems are wayyyyy harder than NAPLEX. That being said, I'm glad I did them otherwise I wouldn't have learned (in detail) how to do the easier problems on the NAPLEX

2. Know your formulas...don't miss out on the easy points

3. Each test is different...way different. It kind of depends on the luck of the draw. I really believe it does.

4. Brand Name, Brand Name, Brand Name, Brand Name, Brand Name! Oh you should probably learn some brand names of medications.

5. Biostats will be there.

6. And Immunizations

7. Know the math. Don't just think, "yeah I'm pretty good at math". Be 100% confident in your math skills. If you are weak in other areas or just a bad at standardized test, math will help you. It was easily 30% of my exam.

8. 185 questions is a lot. The break in the middle was needed after sitting so long staring at the computer. It was good to get up and walk around a little bit in between.

9. I feel bad for you if your NAPLEX is 250 questions. I felt that 185 questions was a good amount. 250 is a little extreme.

So hopefully this will help someone. I'm still waiting on my scores to post online. I didn't feel terrible. Scarily, I'm kind of optimistic. Mostly because when I left the MPJE, I felt like the world had ended but I ended up passing the MPJE (just barely....but hey, a win is a win). And I didn't feel like that after I left the NAPLEX.

If you have any other questions just let me know. As I said before, I have never posted on a forum before. I'll check back to see if anyone has any questions I can help out with. Thanks!

UPDATE: I just found out today that I passed the NAPLEX!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What formulas do you recommend memorizing? And many people told me that Rxprep does a good job of compiling everything you need to know for NAPLEX, djd you feel the same?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

1. Just from my experience, I needed CrCl, IBW, corrected calcium, BSA, BMI, anion gap, and ANC for the pharmacy part. Biostats I needed ARR, RRR, and NNT.
2. Yes, I felt that Rx Prep does a great job at compiling everything on the NAPLEX. The book is daunting, though. It's large and takes time to get through it all. I mainly skimmed the chapters looking for ADR and Contraindications. I mainly used the online practice test for each chapter instead of reading the book. The online test give explanations for each questions whether you get it right or wrong. I felt this helped me the most.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What formulas do you recommend memorizing? And many people told me that Rxprep does a good job of compiling everything you need to know for NAPLEX, djd you feel the same?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I thought the only thing RxPrep was weak on was Biostats. My friends and I thought that part was not helpful.

I used RxPrep for Biostats. I didn't feel that it was weak. The chapter is short (not weak) and concise. That chapter totally prepared me for the NAPLEX Biostats questions. If anything, I've read that RxPrep is weak in math. I can't say from my experience though because I didn't even bother using the math section of RxPrep. I only used the SDN questions.

I used RxPrep for Biostats. I didn't feel that it was weak. The chapter is short (not weak) and concise. That chapter totally prepared me for the NAPLEX Biostats questions. If anything, I've read that RxPrep is weak in math. I can't say from my experience though because I didn't even bother using the math section of RxPrep. I only used the SDN questions.

Maybe we had different types of questions. A lot of questions I had were not really "taught" in the Biostats questions.

I felt the Biostats Video from RxPrep prepared made the most sense... wish i didn't wait till two days before to watch it. :smack:
The rxprep math was more than enough...