NAPLEX & MPJE EXPERIENCE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrNyvia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting my experience of the two tests. I took my NAPLEX last week (passed) and took my MPJE yesterday (pending).

NAPLEX
You've probably heard that it's easy. It is and it's not. If you study calculations and biostats, you can get easy points that are weighted more. However, for the disease states, I felt like no matter how much I studied them, some questions I just had to take a guess on. The NAPLEX is nice in that it doesn't trick you. It's straightforward. Be able to interpret patient charts. They give you lab value ranges, so don't waste your time memorizing those. My test consisted of: calculations, biostats, compounding, HIV, oncology, cystic fibrosis, and thyroid. But everything is fair game. I spent 1 week studying 3 hours per day. I got through 1/3 of RxPrep and looked at 3 videos provided by RxPrep. I took the Pre-NAPLEX before studying and barely passed (80). I did the RxPrep 185 questions and got 44% after studying. I walked out of the actual NAPLEX and felt like a failure. My advice? Take the Pre-NAPLEX. It won't give you answers, but the type of questions is pretty true to the test. I took it before studying too to know where my strengths/weaknesses were so I could focus on it during studying. The RxPrep is a great source to have, but don't fret if you don't get through all of it.

MPJE
Man, I haven't received my score yet, but I feel like complete crap right now thinking about it. I studied the biggest chapters pertaining to pharmacy practice in my state laws, federal law practice exams, looked through the FAQs, and some of the old quarterly newsletter from my state board of pharmacy. I felt like, after all that, only 5 questions out of 120 questions were from the material I studied. Here's the thing though, I spent 3 days (5 hours each day) studying for the exam because residency takes up them majority of my day. I legit feel like I failed, but apparently that's common for adaptive testing. The worst part is that if I fail, I don't know what I could change to make my scores better because the questions were completely random. I tried to find some answers after the exam to questions I had zero clue on and I still can't find the majority of them. I'm praying that this feeling really is because I got to the hard questions on the adaptive test, but I can't tell the difference between that or if I truly know nothing about law.

Members don't see this ad.

wow you only studied for 1 week for the NAPLEX??
Yes, I wanted to study for more, but after passing the pre-NAPLEX without studying I started to lose motivation. I moved away from my old classmates when I started residency and I used to always keep motivation by studying with them. After 10+ hour work days for residency, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was study for the NAPLEX. At the last week, I eventually forced myself to do ~3 hours a day. I do not recommend my study methods to anyone besides focusing on calculations and biostats, I think I just got extremely lucky.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats for passing the MPJE!, I failed with 73. I am in FL. And I did the same, I tried to look at some of the answers after my test, and I could not find anything clear. I am terrified for the next round as I do not know what resources to use or what to study for...

Hi, I am looking for someone who still have access to the rxprep.com naplex videos and not using them. Mine subscription just expired and I only have a month and half left to take the naplex exams.