NAPLEX is a joke...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
...but the MPJE for AZ at least is a sticky widget. What gives that the examination for three to four years of pharmacy theory is decisively easier than the MPJE?

We got the fear of God put into me by my school during the NAPLEX review. We studied for three straight weeks for this exam, and so far, none of the people I know took longer than 3h 15 min to PASS the exam, And as much as everyone seems to bag on Midwestern's educational standards, comatose squids could have passed that exam.

I know NAPLEX is a "minimum competency" exam, but I shudder to think of just how terrible you had to do on NAPLEX to fail it.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto on the NAPLEX. What a joke-didn't even get to take the break, I was done that quick (shoulda seen the look on the proctor when I walked out of the exam...). Had slightly more trouble on the two MPJE's I took-more "WTF?" questions than "I don't know" questions. I kept telling my classmates as they were freaking out before exams: "Think back to the worst pharmacists that you know... Well, they passed. Settle down."

I don't consider myself to be a pharmacy superfreak, but if I scored as high as I did while practically humming through the exam, who the heck is failing this thing?

lord: you taking the MN MPJE later this year (you're still taking the MN Practical this winter, right?)

lord999 said:
...We got the fear of God put into me by my school during the NAPLEX review. We studied for three straight weeks for this exam, and so far, none of the people I know took longer than 3h 15 min to PASS the exam, And as much as everyone seems to bag on Midwestern's educational standards, comatose squids could have passed that exam.

I know NAPLEX is a "minimum competency" exam, but I shudder to think of just how terrible you had to do on NAPLEX to fail it.

Any thoughts?

I had a prof who was fond of debriefing the class after an exam with the following caveat: "As the seniors among you know, I am well able to write an
exam that no one will pass. With that thought in mind the average for THIS exam was 86%...."

Anyone who takes the NAPLEX with less than the full fear of God in them is a fool. I have known people who unsuccessfully challenged the board exam for years without success.

By the time you make it far enough to sit for the exam everyone WANTS you to succeed. It is in no ones best interest that you are turned away unless you are BEGGING for it.

Back in the day before computers the old NABPLEX exam was a two day affair. You finished knowing you had been tested

lord999 said:
We studied for three straight weeks for this exam, and so far, none of the people I know took longer than 3h 15 min to PASS the exam,

Well, don't forget about the girl last year who failed because she didn't answer enough questions! Ahhh, the good old days... Congrats on your licensure!