Naplex 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lynn2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.. first time posting on SDN. I took the NAPLEX today and well, it did not go as well as I had hoped. I focused primarily on the math when I was studying and I was really hoping to do well on that section to help me pass. I only had a few math problems (no allegation/meq/mosmol/drip rates), and the ones I did have were all similar - does that mean I got them all wrong since they kept popping up? Throughout the exam I honestly feel like I was guessing through everything. I was a good student in school and I hate not feeling prepared for exams. However, with the NAPLEX it is impossible to know/retain everything in the RxPrep... I looked at Rxprep again after getting home and I know for sure I missed at least 20..(probably more).

I am terrified of not passing because my residency requires us to be licensed by Oct. I can't take the MPJE until I pass the NAPLEX and do a score transfer to the state I am going to be practicing in. I worked so hard to get my residency and I don't know what I am gonna do if I fail. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys.. first time posting on SDN. I took the NAPLEX today and well, it did not go as well as I had hoped. I focused primarily on the math when I was studying and I was really hoping to do well on that section to help me pass. I only had a few math problems (no allegation/meq/mosmol/drip rates), and the ones I did have were all similar - does that mean I got them all wrong since they kept popping up? Throughout the exam I honestly feel like I was guessing through everything. I was a good student in school and I hate not feeling prepared for exams. However, with the NAPLEX it is impossible to know/retain everything in the RxPrep... I looked at Rxprep again after getting home and I know for sure I missed at least 20..(probably more).

I am terrified of not passing because my residency requires us to be licensed by Oct. I can't take the MPJE until I pass the NAPLEX and do a score transfer to the state I am going to be practicing in. I worked so hard to get my residency and I don't know what I am gonna do if I fail. :(

A passing grade equates roughly to getting 60% of the questions correct. It isn't designed for most people to get 90% plus correct. You can't think of it like a traditional pharmacy school exam. Unless you think you missed 60+ questions, you are probably fine.

A passing grade equates roughly to getting 60% of the questions correct. It isn't designed for most people to get 90% plus correct. You can't think of it like a traditional pharmacy school exam. Unless you think you missed 60+ questions, you are probably fine.

Thanks Wickett! I honestly have no idea. I feel like my answers were mostly "educated" guesses, especially the select all that apply questions. I wish we got partial credit for those, haha! I was very surprised by how few math questions there were. I hope it's not because I was getting them all wrong.

Thanks Wickett! I honestly have no idea. I feel like my answers were mostly "educated" guesses, especially the select all that apply questions. I wish we got partial credit for those, haha! I was very surprised by how few math questions there were. I hope it's not because I was getting them all wrong.

If you didn't get many math problems, it probably means you got those right/the points allotted for math. The exam is scaled to other test takers, so as long as you didn't seriously under perform, you should be ok. It seems like most people that fail do so because they struggle in calculations, which is a portion most do well in. Good luck! I am taking it next week, and I will probably be worried too after I take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you didn't get many math problems, it probably means you got those right/the points allotted for math. The exam is scaled to other test takers, so as long as you didn't seriously under perform, you should be ok. It seems like most people that fail do so because they struggle in calculations, which is a portion most do well in. Good luck! I am taking it next week, and I will probably be worried too after I take it.

Good luck to you too! Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

For those who took the NAPLEX, how similar were the questions from the rxprep test bank? Were a lot of the questions on the Naplex choose all that apply?

did u get your result?

The online access is for the question bank.

According to the RXPrep's Terms and Conditions,
https://www.rxprep.com/contact/terms

This license does not authorize the sale of this access to anyone else and doing so is considered theft and will be prosecuted. This incident will be reported to your school (if applicable) and to the state board for licensed personnel (if applicable). The license is for the user only and cannot be sold. You may not download to hard copy individual pages of the site for your personal reference. The videos and test bank are downloaded to portable devices for viewing and test taking purposes only.

hi,

today i was unable to take the prenaplex. there was no option for submiting the answers and i could not view the full screen too. i could not proceed from question 1.. today is sunday and a holiday. sent an email. i hope they consider and allow me to retake the test . Has anyone else encountered similar problem?