NAPLEX 2010 - Updated Blueprint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A lot of us will be graduating and taking the NAPLEX soon. The new blueprint updated in March 2010 now includes pharmacoeconomics. Here's the PDF chapter on pharmacoeconomics from the Pharmacotherapy book by Dipiro. Hopefully it will help a little...

Also, those who've recently taken the NAPLEX, may you please share your experience on it, and let us know how you prepared for it and how long you spent studying for it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Pharmacotherapy_chap001.pdf
    225.3 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:
Hey everyone,

A lot of us will be graduating and taking the NAPLEX soon. The new blueprint updated in March 2010 now includes pharmacoeconomics. Here's the PDF chapter on pharmacoeconomics from the Pharmacotherapy book by Dipiro. Hopefully it will help a little...

Also, those who've recently taken the NAPLEX, may you please share your experience on it, and let us know how you prepared for it and how long you spent studying for it? Thanks!

pharmacoeconomics? wow, I smell lots of freebie points. :thumbup: Guess the NAPLEX is getting even easier.

hello everybody
I got my diplome from Russia "master of science in pharmacy" in 2007
And i want to get licence to work as pharmacist in USA but i dont know how to apply and where to apply for it!!
So can anyone please tell me where and how to apply for this exams
and which one the first or both in one time (fpgee/naplex)
Thank you
i m waiting for your information

Members don't see this ad :)
hello everybody
I got my diplome from Russia "master of science in pharmacy" in 2007
And i want to get licence to work as pharmacist in USA but i dont know how to apply and where to apply for it!!
So can anyone please tell me where and how to apply for this exams
and which one the first or both in one time (fpgee/naplex)
Thank you
i m waiting for your information

Maybe you can try http://www.nabp.net/programs/examination/fpgee/index.php

Out of 185 questions, I got only 1 pharmacoeconomics question.

My suggestion is: do not worry too much about this new update. Instead, reserve your energy and effort on pharmacology and calculations. If you do well in these 2 areas, you would surely pass Naplex because most questions are from these areas.

People are so itchy with CHANGE :eek:

Hey everyone,

Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is interested in learning more about how we can better serve the Pharmacy Education market. This short survey will help us determine areas we should focus our resources for product development.

All survey respondents will be entered into a drawing to win one of four $100 American Express gift cards. Winners of this prize will be notified by phone or email no later than May 31st, 2010.

Click on the following link to proceed to the survey
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZTBDM6B

David B. Troy | Senior Acquisitions Editor
Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
[email protected]
410-528-4002 (o)
410-528-8597 (f)

I didn't notice any pharmacoeconomic questions. I took the exam June 5, 2010. I think the more important aspect of this updated blueprint is that they increased the passing standard. The minimum ability and competency required to pass increased. http://www.nabp.net/programs/examination/naplex/naplex-blueprint/

Note the section on the New Passing Standard.

I think they do this every 5 years, here is a document from 5 years ago.

http://www.pharmacyexam.com/Updatedblueprintinfo.pdf . Note the second page of that, they explain what a New Passing Standard means