NAPA, Envision or Sound Physician?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GASMAN

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any experience working for NAPA, Envision or Sound physician?
Good or bad of each one? They all have opening in an area I am interested in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
C'mon really? What a waste of thread space

At the very least you need to provide details of region, goals for yourself, etc. rather than blanket requests for information about large groups that will vary in the experience from location to location. What a waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bad, worse and worst. In any of the combinations that you desire.

They all the same in their cores.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh mine. They must be bad.
Anyway, I am talking about Florida in general. Not much choices since they have the only openings available.
Not interested in becoming a partner that needs to buy in

Sound Physician’s head of their anesthesia division is the SAME guy that started Northstar...

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
The model is the same…..

Work (abuse) the physicians, treat the CRNAs well…. Collect money for the mothership.

It just depends on who you work with. Very local practice dependent. If you have to be at a certain location, and those are your choices. Find one that pays the most, most vacation and the least call.

Sound took over a contract in central FL from a well run private ACT group and plans to install high ratio CRNA supervision. That should tell you all you need to know there.

Reactions: 1 users
Sound took over a contract in central FL from a well run private ACT group and plans to install high ratio CRNA supervision. That should tell you all you need to know there.
But they paying crna $200/hr! I know what place u are talking about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I work for Envision, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our group is short, so we're always getting offered various generous stipends to take extra call, so as a young guy it feels like I'm able to make money like crazy, which I like. Perhaps this is due to our group being relatively large and having a history that long predates the Envision buy out making it difficult for them to institute whatever usual bull**** they try to pull.

It's still less desirable than a physician-owned group of course.

Sound is scary for the CRNA aspect.

Honestly, I work for Envision, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Our group is short, so we're always getting offered various generous stipends to take extra call, so as a young guy it feels like I'm able to make money like crazy, which I like. Perhaps this is due to our group being relatively large and having a history that long predates the Envision buy out making it difficult for them to institute whatever usual bull**** they try to pull.

It's still less desirable than a physician-owned group of course.

Sound is scary for the CRNA aspect.
Agree. As long as you are being compensated for extra calls. It’s reasonable. Envison in florida pays $300/hr now for their w2 docs in many areas. Envoy their locums division pays similar 1099.

Have a colleague who works at Sound, says their CRNA supervision is about 1:3, heard they usually do 1:2-1:4, but that's just par for the course with all 3 of those groups.

Agree. As long as you are being compensated for extra calls. It’s reasonable. Envison in florida pays $300/hr now for their w2 docs in many areas. Envoy their locums division pays similar 1099.
$300 per hour W2 in Florida? I will take it,

Reactions: 1 users
Have a colleague who works at Sound, says their CRNA supervision is about 1:3, heard they usually do 1:2-1:4, but that's just par for the course with all 3 of those groups.
I used to regularly do 1:4 supervision for a physician own group. But now is more like doing my case now since the group was bought by a AMC which resulted in lose of CRNAs.

Care to elaborate on these "many" areas?

Oh mine. They must be bad.
Anyway, I am talking about Florida in general. Not much choices since they have the only openings available.
Not interested in becoming a partner that needs to buy in
Sound Physicians in Florida is what used to be Capital Anesthesia Solutions. Capital had a bunch of crap contracts with poor quality facilities prior to being assimilated by Sound. Lots of Community Health Systems stuff which ain’t good.
The jobs will pay you the typical AMC salary, with crap benefits and virtually no employer contributions. Facilities are chronically understaffed with burned out nurses/techs and virtually no administrative support/understanding.

And any facility that was previously a Capital site is likely going to be a CRNA supervision “top of their license” practice where you do 1:5-1:8.

Any other questions? 😁

Sound Physicians in Florida is what used to be Capital Anesthesia Solutions. Capital had a bunch of crap contracts with poor quality facilities prior to being assimilated by Sound. Lots of Community Health Systems stuff which ain’t good.
The jobs will pay you the typical AMC salary, with crap benefits and virtually no employer contributions. Facilities are chronically understaffed with burned out nurses/techs and virtually no administrative support/understanding.

And any facility that was previously a Capital site is likely going to be a CRNA supervision “top of their license” practice where you do 1:5-1:8.

Any other questions? 😁
I was looking at the job posting in Phoenix for sound- says 1:4 max. Pretty decent pay compared to what I have here in San Antonio but AZ is totally different market. Trying to decide where I can land and keep up my golf swing... Florida sounds nice but it’s a mess for anesthesia I hear.

So I called, emailed and submitted a web form to NAPA saying contact me for a potential employment , no one ever reach out to me for a week.
They must be fully staffed already.

AAS are infiltrating the florida market big time

Who can afford to get rid of any anesthesia providers at this time?

I don’t know anything about the situation, but getting rid of the AAs might make the environment more appealing to CRNAs.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know anything about the situation, but getting rid of the AAs might make the environment more appealing to CRNAs.

Also the CRNA that Sound hired in an exec role was a former president of the state association of nurse anesthetists and a loud and prominent anti-AA and pro-independent practice voice within AANA.

@jwk,
I don't like it either. But I believe it to be accurate.