NADDS - IRR to AD accession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSleepyTime15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you get waivers for HPSP? If you successfully did so, then you're probably ok to commission and go either NADDS or an in-service residency. If you didn't get waivers, then did you fail to truthfully disclose? If so, that could be troublesome.

Reactions: 1 user
Some perspective : a doc I know was denied a commission due to a high glasses prescription.

The new MH issues might be a game changer for you.

I did have waivers for the initial ortho issues but have since developed more. Minor things but they all add up to what looks like a lot, plus the mental health component mentioned as well. Or what happens if everything is fine now but these issues get worse while in NADDS. I'm just wondering if I go the NADDS route, since I will be on IRR, what standards I will be held to to come to AD at that point, is it initial entry standards or is it retention standards?
I think it's retention standards, b/c you're already a commissioned officer. If you can do your job, if you can pass the BCA/PRT every 6 months, if all of your issues are reasonably controlled, then you'll probably be ok.