Mystery Shoulder Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnysnow7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Docs and Residents,

I've had shoulder pain running from my anterior deltoid down the biceps for almost a year now, and have gone through various procedures to no avail. The first step was obviously NSAIDs. After that didn't seem to help, I returned and was given a cortisone injection and prescription to physical therapy. Four weeks later, my condition still hadn't improved. I returned to the doctor, where I received a second cortisone injection and an MRI/arthrogram. The MRI/arthrogram came up negative, so I spent a couple of months trying a few less conventional approaches (active release technique, two different physical therapists) before committing to arthroscopic surgery.

Finally, in early-July, I went in to another doctor for a second opinion. He reviewed the MRI and said that I was suffering from some cartilage damage, possibly a labral tear, and biceps tendinosis.

I underwent chrondoplasty and labral debridement almost immediately. Seven weeks later, I have no relief, and the pain is actually worse than it was pre-surgery.

Does anyone have any idea what else this pain might be coming from? Do I just need to wait longer to see results? I was a competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder before this happened, and am anxious that I may never be able to return to my sports.

ANY info, ideas, feedback, etc. is GREATLY appreciated.

-Sunny

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.