Myerson looking for DPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonwill

Podiatrist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the add in APMA news? Dr. Myerson (well-known foot & ankle orthopod) is looking to hire a podiatric physician for his practice in Baltimore. I don't think I could take dealing with patients like Terrell Owens all day!

Members don't see this ad.

jonwill said:
Anyone see the add in APMA news? Dr. Myerson (well-known foot & ankle orthopod) is looking to hire a podiatric physician for his practice in Baltimore. I don't think I could take dealing with patients like Terrell Owens all day!

is his practice actually in b-more or in a burb of?

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
I think it is in Baltimore proper (at Mercy Medical Center).

it is in downtown b-more.

I know someone who did a residency at Mercy with the old croak who runs it. I heard that the program there was disolving.

krabmas said:
it is in downtown b-more.

I know someone who did a residency at Mercy with the old croak who runs it. I heard that the program there was disolving.

It may already have done so. I don't see it in the residency directory.

jonwill said:

According to the ad, Dr. Myerson is looking for a Podiatrist that will be rendering non-operative foot care, minor surgery, preventive medicine, diabetic care, and doing research. If anyone is looking to do elective forefoot or reconstructive rearfoot surgical procedures, this position is not for that person.

jonwill said:

That would be pretty funny, becuase the "genius" clinical advisor at my "illustrius" school recommended that I go there because I am from maryland.

1st - to choose a program because I am from a town makes no sense when education is more important than location - boy did I learn that the hard way :laugh:

2nd - the advisor should just know better.

jonwill said:
Check that. Until 2005, it was linked with the University of PA residency program. The first year was done at U of PA and PGY 2-3 were done at Mercy in Baltimore. While the U of PA residency still exists, it no longer says anything about training in Baltimore. It does say that it takes 48 months to complete.

jonwill said:
Check that. Until 2005, it was linked with the University of PA residency program. The first year was done at U of PA and PGY 2-3 were done at Mercy in Baltimore. While the U of PA residency still exists, it no longer says anything about training in Baltimore. It does say that it takes 48 months to complete.

I still think that is nuts - to take 4 years to complete something that should take only 3. I think it has something to do with getting your numbers. Otherwise what could possibly be the reason for the 4th year?

It is not like you are getting a masters or PhD with the residency training - then it might be worth it.

dpmgrad said:
According to the ad, Dr. Myerson is looking for a Podiatrist that will be rendering non-operative foot care, minor surgery, preventive medicine, diabetic care, and doing research. If anyone is looking to do elective forefoot or reconstructive rearfoot surgical procedures, this position is not for that person.

Still, its a big milestone. I would not doubt that the non-operative pod later becomes operative (given that he is qualified of course).

IlizaRob said:
Still, its a big milestone. I would not doubt that the non-operative pod later becomes operative (given that he is qualified of course).

Actually in Philadelphia, Dr. Steven Raiken of Rothman Institute (a huge Orthopedic group in Philly) at Jefferson University Medical Center has two podiatrists working at Rothman Institute doing the same things that were advertised in Dr. Myerson APMA ad. Dr. Steven Raiken is one of the major foot and ankle orthopods in Philly and runs one of 2 Foot and Ankle Orthopedic Fellowships in Philly. However, I agree with you that it is a major milestone.