My Transcripts Won't Say I Graduated...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my last final exam and had my graduation ceremony at the very end of April, however I just received and email from my schools registrar saying my transcripts won't actually say I graduated for another 2-3 months. As a graduate I don't plan to take any classes this upcoming year so I naturally won't have any pending courses to put in my application however if my transcripts don't say I graduated I don't want to look as though I simply decided to take time off right at the very end of my college career. Does it sound normal for it to take months for your transcrips to update and is this going to be a problem or hurt my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it sound normal for it to take months for your transcrips to update and is this going to be a problem or hurt my application?
My school had them updated within 2 weeks of graduation. Did they say why it would take so long? Sounds a bit too long. I'm not too sure about how this will affect your application to be honest. You just need the degree on the transcript by the time you matriculate.

It will definitely be on there by then, I just don't want to look like I got 120+ credits, decided I wanted a break, then applied to D-school.

I wouldn't worry about it as it's out of your control. Schools will see that you graduated when you list the years you went to college/the credits taken (like you said). I'm sure it happens more often than you'd think.