My Thumb Hurts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Back in 1998 I suffered an avulsion fracture of my right thumb in Hapkido class. Hurt like hell but I didn't get an xray for a week later and it was too late to do anything then. It hurts every single fricken day. I guess there's nothing to be done eh? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kinda in the same boat but with a different injury. During my first year of med school, I got turned over playing basketball (jumped to block a shot and my feet got hit by another player, came down directly on my right arm). I sustained a posterior dislocation of the ulna and a Mason III (essentially a comminuted) fracture of the radial head. My most excellent orthopaedic surgeon who had trained in the program at Kleinert-Kutz at the University of Louisville (a world renowned hand/upper extremity program) fixed me as best he could (actually for the injury a great result with near full range of motion). But to this day, it hurts like d!ck every single frickin' day and is a real nuisance. It sucks to have to deal with pain every day of your life, especially in your dominant hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.