My Scores

Mellie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just want to share my scores with you, not good though!

I took my OAT today, and so disappointed with my RC.

Bio 330
G Chem 330
O Chem 320
Physics 360
RC 230 :mad:
QR 360
TS 350
AA 320

My scores are opposite from what I got from OAT Achiever and Topscore. I score so well on their RC like 380-390, and low on science. Two days ago, I found out that the real test for RC was just 50 minutes (not 60 like the practices test on OAT or Topscore, I forgot). This screwed me up so bad, because I was used to the 20 mins/passage. On the real OAT for RC, the first passage was hard and long, like 17 questions just for the first passage. I got the crocodiles passage that everyone hated as well. So, I took too much time for that one and ran out of time for the other 2 easier passages (I was literally frustrated after the first passage). Advice for anyone taking it soon, do the 2 easier passages first then go back to the hard one, at least you get half of it right or more.

EyeSeeYou mentioned that there was an "your time is up and press ok" button once you have finished a section, I tried it today. It paused for a good minute then it automatically started the next section. So this is a good time for you to take a little break in between. You dont' have to start your next section right away. In the beginning of the test, there was a tutorial session, i finished it early and had like 10 extra minutes, so I started writing all of my physics equations down. Later, during the break time, I added in anything else that I didn't remember. This helped me because I didnt' get freaked out when I got to the physics section. {Thanks Opt, your advices on how to study for physics really boosted my score)

Do you guys know any school that get accepted for TS 350 and AA 320 (with the low RC)? I will take it again in December. I know that SCCO doesnt' even grant an interview for any score below 300, but is there a chance to get it once I retake it? I just dont' know if that will be too late for it. By the way, anyone has any advices on how to improve RC?

Good luck for anyone taking it soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Great scores overall! Sorry to hear about the RC section. That section really seems to bite people in the butt. I think a lot of schools would have a hard time swalling a 230 on the RC section. But I would contact each school you are applying to and find out. If you retake the OAT in December, it won't be too late for you. They have OAT deadlines at each school, you just need to take it before then, and December is before all deadlines. I really don't have any advice for the RC section. That's a hard one to study for. You just need to find what works for you. I just read through each one once to get an idea of where everything was, then I answered each question by going back to where the answer was. I remembered about where the answer was because I had already read it once and had a general idea of where everything once. It worked for me, but there are soooo many ways people do this section that it is impossible to advise which is best for you.

Rallthenamesyou, for physics, I studied from the mcat Kaplan big book. I wrote down all the basic formulas and memorized them. There were no complicated formulas on the OAT. I made sure that I know the basic concepts of each chapters, such as force, work, momemtum, right hand rule, how to use the simple equations (units and vectors) There was alot of motion and forces, very straight forward, no long calculations. The physics section is very similar to the one on the Opted.org, check that one out. The concepts and wordings are very similar. I didn't like the physics practices on Topscore or OAT Achiever, both of them are so wordy and complicated.

Thanks Oogilily for the reply. I'll check it out with the school before I apply. But should I put my applications in now along with all of the LORs and transcripts?