My Residency Application from 2007 - What Makes the Heart Beat? for ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSammyU

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was a medical student I joined SDN and now wanted to get back involved. I am a 33 year old D.O. practicing internal medicine in Pittsburgh, PA. I am board certified by both the ABIM and AOBIM in internal medicine. I remember my journey getting there. I recently uncovered by ERAS application essay as I was cleaning out my old med school lap top (I graduated LECOM Bradenton in 2008). I hope that what I have to say may be an inspiration to you.

I wish you good luck as you begin to gather physicians to write letters of recommendation for you, as you await your Deans letter and then comprise your own essay to gain the attention of Program Directors and those reviewing your files. Remember, as a D.O. to reach out to your osteopathic roots. In retrospect it was the influence of other D.O.s that helped me to reach my goal of becoming a practicing physician.

I wish you all the best of luck in the application process. Below is a link to my essay for my ERAS application.

http://wp.me/p3Ij9x-ec via @DoctorSammyU

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't read your PS.

Graduating ortho resident here. One more year of fellowship.

I am thankful that you realized the importance that SDN had and are giving back. I too try to in my own small way.

For all of you out there, we are here for you guys. Use us for questions/concerns/anything.