My Physics II class just says "General Physics II" in the title but it's lab too, 4.00 credits.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flower70954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My physics II class just says "Gen Physics II" in the title but in the description it says lecture/lab, is a total of 4.00 credits and there is no separate lab offered because they said the class includes the lab component. There is only one grade though and I don't know if on the transcript it will say lab or just the "Gen Physics II". Is this going to be a problem at med schools? Will this not satisfy the lab requirement? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

On your AMCAS app, it will ask you whether this course is "Lecture only", "Lab Only" or "Lecture and Lab". In this case, "Lecture and Lab" is fine. Be prepared to provide the course syllabus in case the school/AMCAS wants to verify. It shouldn't be a problem. My school had the same thing (Lecture+Lab for Gen Phys)

Reactions: 1 user
Not an issue.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you can write "and Lab" at the end of the course title. make sure to check the "Combined Lecture and Lab" box

Thank u for your responses . I'm a 2017 applicant and have recently been accepted to Wayne State but I just completed Physics II last week. Originally I was going to take the class at a university that had separate labs so on AMCAS I have the classes as separate and will be taken in Spring. However, I wound up taking it at the state college where they are combined so that's why I'm worried. I'm going to call in a few hours because if they won't accept it then I have 2 days tops to register for the lab and lecture at a school that offers phys II for summer A. The only school I've found so far that offers Phys II during the summer and is complete before July 17 is a 4 hour drive from my house :/ so I'm freaking out a little .

I took them as combined 4 hours. And there was no issue. There is an option for selecting lab and lecture combined.

Thank u for your responses . I'm a 2017 applicant and have recently been accepted to Wayne State but I just completed Physics II last week. Originally I was going to take the class at a university that had separate labs so on AMCAS I have the classes as separate and will be taken in Spring. However, I wound up taking it at the state college where they are combined so that's why I'm worried. I'm going to call in a few hours because if they won't accept it then I have 2 days tops to register for the lab and lecture at a school that offers phys II for summer A. The only school I've found so far that offers Phys II during the summer and is complete before July 17 is a 4 hour drive from my house :/ so I'm freaking out a little .
if you took the course (and lab already) you are fine. don't fret - you won't have to take it over the summer. if wayne requires proof, you have a transcript and the course description that says lab is included

Thank you all so much for responding! I just spoke with medical school admissions and they said a combined lecture/lab is fine.