My heart rate is registering at a panic attack.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quinnt

Pre-Med &&. Dying
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, long story short - my last two years of college were an absolute disaster and my only method of coping is using vines and internet humor to curb my desire to die. Wonderful.

In anyhoo, I just finished my sophomore year and went to check my transcript (since I am planning to switch schools to a public university out of a private ) and low and behold - I have a total GPA of 2.8. My full year of depressional episodes really killed everything and now I'm wondering how I can fix this.

I was planning on retaking a full year and redoing all the classes I messed up in to replace the former grades, but I just need to know that will be the right action or not so I don't waste time ... or money for that matter.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

DO no longer replaces retaken grades, the 2 grades would be averaged like MD app. For this reason it is only recommended to retake prerequisites that you received less than a C in. Otherwise it is considered to be more favorable to move on to new classes that A.) further your major and/or B.) upper level science courses to show academic improvement.

In other words...Example 1: C in chem 1 + A in chem 1 < C in chem 1 A in Microbiology. Ex 2: F in Lit 227 + A in Lit 227 < F in Lit 227 + A in cellular bio.

Only retake if less than C in a med or needed to grad prereq. If you don’t have an absurd #of credits in that 2.8, you will have time to bring it up.