My DAT is coming up... what should i be doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WithLove

xoxo
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the DAT in a few days and I think i'm ready. I went over all the materials multiple times (DATDestroyer twice, Feralis Notes twice, Chad's videos, most of the DATBootcamp practice tests, and all of the PATBooster practice tests). I've been preparing for several months now and have been scoring pretty well on Bootcamp (21-26 on my most recent practice tests which was test #5) but I still feel nervous. Does anyone have any tips? And what sections should I be reviewing these last few days?

Members don't see this ad.

I’d just do Bootcamp practice tests to keep the material fresh and reviewing your notes. The day before I’d make sure you have all your required documents and do a dry run. The day before I woke up early drove to the testing my center. Scoped out the area and parking lot. This helped so that on my actual test day I wouldn’t be worried about getting lost or where to park.

Reactions: 1 users
make sure you get plenty sleep. I went in with almost no sleep in the past 48 hours.. fortunately, I somehow survived.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I concur with what AppalachianDentalBoy said. The last two days of the DAT I didn't even touch any study materials at all and did fairly well in the end. I believe cramming at the last minute never helps, it only gets you anxious for the test, especially if you start doubting yourself.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

I'm taking the DAT in a few days and I think i'm ready. I went over all the materials multiple times (DATDestroyer twice, Feralis Notes twice, Chad's videos, most of the DATBootcamp practice tests, and all of the PATBooster practice tests). I've been preparing for several months now and have been scoring pretty well on Bootcamp (21-26 on my most recent practice tests which was test #5) but I still feel nervous. Does anyone have any tips? And what sections should I be reviewing these last few days?

I get asked this question a lot, it is important that you do what makes you feel less nervous, as for me I was the type of student who would study right up the test day, for me to relax and hang out with friends before a test would have made me feel more nervous.

All students are different, don't' worry about if you can't sleep the night before, I assure you that adrenaline will get you through the test.

I would stop with any timed test at this point, and spend your last days focusing on any areas of weakness. Should you take a timed test at this point and it gives you a score you don't like, it will only add to your anxiety.

Just my 2 cents, Wishing you the best! Think 30! Destroy the DAT Beast!!!!

Nancy, Orgoman

With bootcamp scores that high I'm certain you'll crush the DAT. Spend the day before your exam de-stressing as much as possible so you can come into test day with a clear and focused mind.

I personally woke up super early and did exercise the day before my exam so I would be extra tired that night. That helped me get a really good sleep before my test day and helped me stay awake through the super long exam!

Thank-you everyone! This was very encouraging. I'm taking it Friday and will write an update if I survive :)
xoxo