My Canadian DAT Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Dan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote the cDAT on Nov 7 and the scores took awhile to come in but finally, here they are. They are not as impressive as a lot of people around here that I've seen, but I still feel good about them. I need to give a big thank you to Ari and his team from DAT Bootcamp who spent a lot of time answering questions and motivating me, Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy Steen for providing me with DAT Destroyer and answering any questions I had. Without these two resources, I would have been dead in the water for this one. I should also thank everyone else who's answered any of my questions on these forums; so thank you for spending more time answering questions and less time browsing like me :). PS. There are no Math/Organic Chem sections on the cDAT... two subjects I actually wished were on there as they are my strongest :(.

Breakdown:
RC - 22
BIO - 21
GC - 22
TS - 21
AA - 22
PA - 24
MDT - 9 (lol wish I didn't accidentally start carving on the wrong side..)

I studied for 2 months straight and averaged 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Everyone will need to study for different lengths of time, but you'll know when you're prepared (even if you don't feel ready). If you have any specific questions about resources I used, how I studied etc., I've love to share.
BTW, the test felt extremely hard to me, especially the BIO section, verrrry esoteric.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• cDAT Breakdown.jpg
    cDAT Breakdown.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Awesome scores Dan! I totally agree about the bio! Bio was the section I went into the DAT feeling the most prepared for (I had done a ton of studying for it), and I felt really unsure about many of my answers. I ended up getting a 23, which I'm very happy with, but definitely felt badly about that section after I wrote it.

PS DATgenius was my main study resource as well! I found it super helpful, especially for PAT (I got a 23).

Overall, Bio was harder than I expected, and GC, RC, and PAT were easier.

Wow a 23 BIO and 23 PAT, you scored fantastically! Where did you write? I did mine in Toronto, I wonder if I ran into you there?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote the cDAT on Nov 7 and the scores took awhile to come in but finally, here they are. They are not as impressive as a lot of people around here that I've seen, but I still feel good about them. I need to give a big thank you to Ari and his team from DAT Bootcamp who spent a lot of time answering questions and motivating me, Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy Steen for providing me with DAT Destroyer and answering any questions I had. Without these two resources, I would have been dead in the water for this one. I should also thank everyone else who's answered any of my questions on these forums; so thank you for spending more time answering questions and less time browsing like me :). PS. There are no Math/Organic Chem sections on the cDAT... two subjects I actually wished were on there as they are my strongest :(.

Breakdown:
RC - 22
BIO - 21
GC - 22
TS - 21
AA - 22
PA - 24

I know people say this all the time, but hard work wins. I do not consider myself gifted and neither do the people around me. They know I work hard and I'm dedicated and that's what I believe matters in the end. I studied for 2 months straight and averaged 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Everyone will need to study for different lengths of time, but you'll know when you're prepared (even if you don't feel ready). If you have any specific questions about resources I used, how I studied etc., I've love to share.
BTW, the test felt extremely hard to me, especially the BIO section, verrrry esoteric.

Dr. Dan Congratulations,

Very nice scores indeed! Thank you for the shout out and we are thrilled you found our materials helped you achieve your scores.

Wishing you the best and enjoy your holiday break.

Take care..

Nancy Steen and Dr. Jim Romano

not him but I wrote in toronto too! Did you practice mdt?
No I didn't practice for it much, I probably did about 6 soaps total and used CrackDAT soap carving for some tips. The 9 probably wasn't because the front and back ends were bad, but because when I was preparing to do the middle section, I carved a giant chunk out of the bottom side (I got the orientation mixed up). I laughed immediately after doing this because it was such a silly mistake, but hey the MDT doesn't matter for me anyways since I'm applying to schools that don't require it.

Not sure what to think of my scores.......

Bio: 18
Chem: 19
Pat: 20
RC: 27
AA: 21

Pretty disappointed in my Bio and Chem scores., but not too suprised. I thought there were a lot of random questions on the bio section so I didn't expect to do great. Oh well, an improvement from my last sitting where I got a 21 in bio and 20 AA LOL.

Btw, congrats Dr. Dan!! You killed it

Reactions: 1 users

Pretty disappointed in my Bio and Chem scores., but not too suprised. I thought there were a lot of random questions on the bio section so I didn't expect to do great. Oh well, an improvement from my last sitting where I got a 21 in bio and 20 AA LOL.

Getting a 21 AA is very impressive! I mean, look at the RC score.. 27!!

Last edited:

wow man 27 RC! If you don't mind me asking what resource did u use to practice? was it just DAT bootcamp?

Breakdown:
RC - 22
BIO - 21
GC - 22
TS - 21
AA - 22
PA - 24

I studied for 2 months straight and averaged 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Everyone will need to study for different lengths of time, but you'll know when you're prepared (even if you don't feel ready). If you have any specific questions about resources I used, how I studied etc., I've love to share.

congrats DAN, what did u use for PAT and RC to study and practice?