multiple second look ok?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into VCU's MD PhD and Univ. of Cinc's PSTP. I booked my flight for the second look at VCU before getting into Cincy. Is it OK to go to both second looks? I'm gonna have to turn one of them down. What have other people done about this?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that's the entire point of second look - to help you make your final decision. From what I've heard, that's fine!

It's considered bad form to go to a second look if you are absolutely certain that you will not attend that school. Other than that, it is perfectly acceptable to revisit all the schools that you are seriously considering if your schedule allows. That's one of the main purposes of second looks after all, as the poster above pointed out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, when I booked the flight to Richmond, it was the only MD/PhD acceptance I had. So I was definitely considering it. However, after booking the flight, I got into Cincy's MSTP. I prefer Cincy over VCU, but because my flight is already scheduled to Richmond, I don't know what to do.

Well, when I booked the flight to Richmond, it was the only MD/PhD acceptance I had. So I was definitely considering it. However, after booking the flight, I got into Cincy's MSTP. I prefer Cincy over VCU, but because my flight is already scheduled to Richmond, I don't know what to do.

If your flight is already booked, go to it. After all, you can't really fairly compare two schools if you don't go to both second visits anyway.