MUCOM vs LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FBurnaby

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing perspective on pros and cons of Marian and LMU, assuming personal preferences like location is tied. Any reviews on MUCOM's basic science and clinical curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

I have interviewed at both and I really liked both schools. For me, I would choose MU-COM because my wife will have more opportunity to work in a bigger city vs. Harrogate (and I personally felt like I fit better at MU-COM). That being said, I loved LMU and had an awesome day there. Nothing but positive things to say about it!

MU-COM

Now here is one of those moment where I say pick the new school over the established.

It is in a bigger city where there are more hospitals. This means more opportunities to shadow and do research. The clinical rotation structure seems solid (not seen any complaints on SDN), but LMU seem to be hit or miss.

I have been to both interviews in past cycles and the faculty are awesome at both (I think I even liked the LMU faculty more). However, when I saw the schools more objectively, MU-COM had more advantages.